Board Member Overview
Members who are recruited are committed to the vision of Habitat for Humanity in our community, willing to fulfill the duties of a Board member, and who will volunteer their time, talent, and other resources to over and lead the affiliate, ensuring the success of Tri-County Partners Habitat for Humanity and of its mission.
In addition to leadership and management skills, Board members must demonstrate:
- Honesty and integrity
- Sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views
- Ability to listen, analyze, think clearly, and creatively
- Community and team-building skills
- Ability to work well with people
- A concern for the affiliate’s development
- Willingness to work for the growth and success of the affiliate
- A sense of humor
Term: Three years, renewable for two terms total (maximum six years).
Minimum requirements of Board Members:
- A demonstrated interest in the affiliate’s mission and goals.
- Specific experience and/or knowledge in at least one area: human resources, planning, fund-raising, building, finance, community relations, or organizational operation.
- A willingness to expand knowledge of board responsibilities through orientation and ongoing education.
- A willingness to represent Habitat to the community.
- Five to seven hours per month distributed among a monthly Board meeting-preparation and attendance, monthly Committee meeting-preparation and attendance, special requests.
- Serve as a liaison to one of the standing committees.
- Give an annual gift according to personal means.